Fredrickson's Minnow Stand

Fredrickson's Minnow Stand

Fredrickson's Minnow Stand was a fixture in Star Lake from 1935 until almost the turn of the century. It was operated first by Fred Fredrickson and his wife Mary, and by their daughters, Hazel and Edith, following their deaths. Their story was told in a wondeful article in Wisconsin Trails Minnow Stand, The and in an article in the Sayner-Star Lake Chamber of Commerce Tourist Brochure for 1982, titled Fredrickson's Minnow Stand--the full text may be found by viewing that title in the Documents below.

Charles P. Forbes
July 1, 2008

Comprehensive References

Major References

Harvey, Jo Anne, Minnow Stand, The, Wisconsin Trails, V.21 #2 Summer 1980 p.16, Middleton, WI, 1980. View Full Record
Hintz, Martin, Backroads of Wisconsin, A Pictorial Discorvery Guide, Stillwater, MN, 2002. View Full Record
Laabs, Joyce, Collection of Northwoods Nostalgia, A, From the Pages of the Lakeland Times, Vol. 1 (of 2), Sun Prairie, WI, 1978. View Full Record
McCann, Dennis, Items Under Old Business Getting a New Agency [Friends of the Fredricksons], JSOnline, Aug. 27, 2002., Milwaukee, 2002. View Full Record
Schmidt, Floyd, Switch Lamps in the Pines, Eagle River, 2009. View Full Record