Includes "STAR LAKE FORESTRY PLANTATION * On the banks of the famed Star Lake. The site of an old lumber camp. The plantation itself was started in 1913 in an effort to show people that forest trees could be planted. It was the first venture in silviculture and was the start of reforestation in Northern Wisconsin."
Also includes: "CONTINENTAL DIVIDE * is located on Highway B, west of Land O'Lakes towards Presque Isle. Lakes and streams to the north of the highway run towards the St. Lawrence Waterway, south runs into the Mississippi Watershed. This spot is marked near Devil's Lake."
- Bookwood Historical Collection, Star Lake