Star Lake, Wisconsin
Welcome to the Star Lake, Wisconsin, main topics list. As you will see from browing through these topics, they are very wide ranging. All relate in some way to Star Lake, and the experiences of both permanent and summer residents of the town.
Each topic has (or will have) a text entry, which will appear in this space on the page for that topic. To the left will appear a list of the subheadings for that topic. To move around the topic list, click on any subheading of interest, or move up a level by clicking on the button marked "Up to [next higher topic]". Note that a few topics appear at more than one point in the topics listing, i.e. they are subheadings of more than one topic. For those there will be more than one "Up to..." button, each taking you to different higher level topics in the data base. To return to the top level, i.e. this page, click on "Top Level".
The Index button--on the left, under Navigation--allows you direct access to subjects of interest..
At the top of each topic page is a set of tab buttons which will take you to additional information for the particular topic. Note that if no information is available, the button will be grayed out:
Charles P. ForbesAugust 1, 2005
- The main descriptive article about the topic. This tab will be open when you first go to the topic. If you hit any of the other tabs, you return to the main article by hitting the Article tab.
- A list of books, articles, etc. related to the topic.
- A list of available documents which relate to the topic. On this site, the term Document means a bibliographic source for which the full text is available on this site (or by a link from this site). Documents are listed in the Bibliography as well as the document listing.
- A list of links to other web sites related to the topic.
- A list of images available on this web site.
- Additional information related to the topic. The Miscellany section is used for related information that does not seem to belong in the main article about the topic.
Comprehensive ReferencesErlandson, Matthew, Greetings from Star Lake, 2009 [Calendar], Sayner, 2008. View Full EntryErlandson, Matthew, Trampers Trail Images, 2009 [Calendar], Sayner, 2007. View Full EntryKingsley, Helen D., Camp Adventure, St. Nicholas: An Illustrated Magazine for Young Folks, Vol. 33, Part 2, May, 1906, to October, 1906, p. 1142., New York, 1906. View Full EntrySayner-Star Lake Chamber of Commerce, Sayner Star Lake Camper's Paradise!, Published annually, Sayner, 2006. View Full EntrySayner-Star Lake Chamber of Commerce, Sayner-Star Lake, Wisconsin, "Birthplace of the Snowmobile." , Folder borchure, size varies. Contains resort listing., Sayner, 1974. View Full EntryStar Laker's Club, Welcome to Star Lake, Brochure, one sheet, folded, Star Lake, . View Full EntryWydeven, et al., Progress Report of Wolf Population Monitoring in Wisconsin for the Period April - September 2000, DNR Endangered Resourcs Publications, Park Falls, 2000. View Full Entry
Major ReferencesRath, Sara, Star Lake Saloon and Housekeeping Cottages, Terrace Books, Madison, 2005. View Full EntrySayner-Star Lake Chamber of Commerce, Sayner-Star Lake, Wisconsin, The Center of Vilas County's Vacation Area, Brochurse, one sheet, quad-fold, Sayner, . View Full EntrySayner-Star Lake Chamber of Commerce, Star Lake, Wisconsin, Annual Tourist Brochure, Sayner, 2008. View Full EntryScott, Libby, Old Star Lake School, DVD, Star Lake, 2006. View Full Entry
Minor ReferencesSurvey Mark, Wisconsin Conservation Bulletin, Vol. 12, 1947: # 8 (Aug), p31., Madison, 1947. View Full Entrypoppingoff, My Dad...and the Bear...., Blog on the World Wide Web, posted June 26, 2012, San Francisco, 2012. View Full Entry