The Milwaukee Road
It was the Chicago, Milwaukee and St. Paul Railroad that laid the rails to Star Lake in 1894-1895. Star Lake was the end of the line for the Lakes Division of the Milwaukee Road until about 1940 and the onset of World War II. The line came up from its previous terminus in Minocqua, and was soon extended on to Boulder Junction and on into Michigan. In the early twentieth century rails were extended directly from Arbor Vitae to Boulder Jct. and service from Star Lake ot Boulder Jct. ceased.
The Minocqua Times of June 5, 1895, states: "The passenger train now runs as far as this place [Star Lake] daily except Sunday and the train crew lays over here." Times
**** indicates no known author.